CASTAIC – A Castaic couple was found dead Thursday afternoon in their Stonegate neighborhood home, apparently from carbon monoxide poisoning from a faulty heater. Brian Donald Austin, 56, and his wife, Nina Dell Austin, 51, were found by sheriff’s deputies who were called by a worried friend who hadn’t heard from the couple for a few days. Los Angeles County Fire Capt. Doug LaCount of Station 149 in Castaic said that health hazardous materials squad was en route to clean the air in the Austin’s Agate Court home so detectives and coroner’s officials could investigate. “They appear to have succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning,” LaCount said. “We took our CO reader in the house and detected a high reading.” He said that the deputies who found the couple were dizzy when they came out of the house and that one deputy was given oxygen. Deputy John Liebe, who was one of the first officers at the scene, said a caller said the couple had recently complained of feeling ill a few days ago. “We found the front door unlocked,” he said. “They were in bed, with no signs of trauma or foul play, but it smelled a little funny and, sure enough, while we were in the house, the heater kicked on.” Carol Rock, (661) 257-5252 [email protected] AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREOregon Ducks football players get stuck on Disney ride during Rose Bowl event160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!