Medical workers treating COVID-19 patients in Jakarta have reported that they have yet to receive the financial incentives announced by the central government and provincial administration in March.A Jakarta-based general practitioner Arif, who asked to use a pseudonym, discussed his and other colleagues’ experiences while treating COVID-19 patients in the intensive care unit (ICU), emergency rooms and other wards in a hospital in Jakarta. He is also treating suspected and confirmed patients with mild symptoms in isolation rooms.Arif, who chose not to reveal the name of the hospital where he works, said it was part of a private hospital group appointed by the government to treat emerging infectious disease patients, as stipulated in a circular issued by the Health Ministry. Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan previously announced an additional Rp 215,000 daily incentive for medical workers in the capital city.Since the two leaders announced the programs in March, neither has given any updates on the progress of payments. Meanwhile, medical workers in many hospitals have seen a cut in their salaries and Idul Fitri holiday bonuses.Arif’s experience was echoed by Ratna, who also chose to be referred to with a pseudonym. She is nurse who treats COVID-19 patients in the ICU of the Fatmawati General Hospital in South Jakarta.She said she and her colleagues had yet to receive any financial incentives, as the hospital had to verify the employees’ attendance, punctuality and the extent to which they were exposed to the virus before distributing the funds.“I’ve asked my hospital’s financial and human resources divisions. They replied that they were still counting the number of people eligible for it,” she said.Arif saw a 30 to 35 percent cut in his paycheck last month. His salary is determined by the number of patients he treats, and the Health Ministry has stated that the occupancy rate of hospitals has dropped by between 20 and 50 percent nationwide.In addition, the ministry has not fully paid the hospital’s claims for PDPs, thus affecting the facility’s revenue.Meanwhile, Ratna, a contract worker, had her salary cut by about 30 to 40 percent last month.Read also: More Indonesian doctors, nurses die fighting against COVID-19The secretary of the ministry’s Health Service Directorate General, Agus Hadian Rahim, said the central government had been working to pay the incentives to medical workers. “We’re processing the payments and the hospitals’ claims,” he said without elaborating further.The Jakarta Health Agency did not respond to the Post’s request for comment.As of Friday, 6,400 cases of COVID-19 had been confirmed in the capital and 500 people had died.Institute for the Development of Economics and Finance (Indef) economist Bhima Yudhistira urged the Health Ministry and the Jakarta administration to pay the stimulus.“Financial hardship can affect medical workers’ performance. An immediate stimulus is urgently needed because they are fighting on the front lines against the disease,” he said.Topics : However, he has yet to hear any news regarding the government’s incentives for medical workers at the hospital.“I haven’t received any government incentives or information about it from hospital management. I’ve only obtained an additional safety risk payment from my hospital amounting to between Rp 300,000 [US$20.16] and Rp 500,000,” Arif told The Jakarta Post on Friday.Read also: Bonuses slashed, pay cut: Indonesian nurses fight pandemic, financial hardshipsPresident Joko “Jokowi” Widodo said previously that the government had allocated Rp 5.9 trillion to be given as incentives to medical workers treating confirmed patients. The government said it would provide each medical specialist an incentive of Rp 15 million, physicians and dentists Rp 10 million, nurses Rp 7.5 million and other medical staff members Rp 5 million.
Paris St. Germain (PSG) chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi has had criminal proceedings opened against him by Swiss prosecutors.The proceedings opened against Qatari businessman Al-Khelaifi, who has been PSG chairman since 2011, are connected to an ongoing investigation into former Fifa secretary general Jerome Valcke, and relate to the sale of World Cup TV rights to BeInSports.Apart from his role as PSG chairman, Al-Khelaifi is also the chief executive of BeIn Sports.Last year, The Office of the Attorney General of Switzerland (OAG) disclosed that it was investigating Valcke for “various acts of criminal mismanagement”.Sequel to that, the OAG revealed on Thursday that new proceedings involving Al-Khelaifi had been “opened on the basis” of its findings.It said it was “suspected that Jerome Valcke accepted undue advantages from a businessman in the sports rights sector in connection with the award of media rights for certain countries at the FIFA World Cups in 2018, 2022, 2026 and 2030 and from Nasser Al-Khelaifi in connection with the award of media rights for certain countries at the FIFA World Cups in 2026 and 2030”.According to the OAG, the new investigation – that which relates to Al-Khelaifi – is being conducted in partnership with authorities in Greece, Spain, France and Italy, and was opened in March 2017.It added that its representatives had interviewed the banned Valcke in Switzerland as a suspect on Thursday. Jerome Valcke had earlier been banned by Fifa for 10 years – although he has appealed against the ban.RelatedPSG Chairman Al-Khelaifi, Ex FIFA Sec Gen Valcke Charged With Bribery Over World Cup TV RightsFebruary 20, 2020In “Europe”Aleix GarciaJune 30, 2017Similar postPSG Owners Turn Attention To English Football After Success In FranceApril 13, 2019In “England” read more
MORE: Replacement options if Washington changes team name”This process allows the team to take into account not only the proud tradition and history of the franchise but also input from our alumni, the organization, sponsors, the National Football League and the local community it is proud to represent on and off the field,” Snyder said.And here it is: the Redskins are undergoing a thorough review of the team’s name.And let’s be clear: There’s no review if there’s no change coming.Redskins on way out. pic.twitter.com/ZrS3cCvhMg— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 3, 2020NFL commissioner Roger Goodell also released a statement Friday, confirming the league has discussed the team’s name with Snyder.”In the last few weeks we have had ongoing discussions with Dan and we are supportive of this important step,” Goodell said.Native American leaders have been calling for a name change for several years, but there has been a renewed push this week with large sponsors voicing concerns. Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder has consistently and unabashedly shut down any calls about changing the name of his team. But money talks, and that’s the main reason why Snyder could potentially change his stance.Amid growing financial pressure, Washington will conduct a “thorough review of the team’s name,” per a statement released Friday morning. That statement also noted the franchise has held discussions with the NFL in recent weeks. Investors worth a collective $620 billion sent letters to FedEx, Nike and Pepsi asking the companies to end their sponsorships with Washington, according to AdWeek. FedEx, which holds naming rights to FedEx Field, then formally requested the team change its name, and Nike removed Redskins merchandise from its online store Thursday night.Washington coach Ron Rivera, who days earlier told 670 The Score that conversations about a name change were “for another time,” said in the team statement the issue is “of personal importance” to him. He hopes to “continue the mission of honoring and supporting Native Americans and our military.” It is unclear what Rivera meant by honoring the military or if a new team name would include a military element. read more
6 Oct 2016 Lancashire strike the first blow in title chase Lancashire struck the first blow in their title battle with BB&O at the English Senior Men’s County Finals at Chipping Sodbury Golf Club in Gloucestershire.The northerners take a 2-1 advantage into this afternoon’s singles after beating BB&O (Berks, Bucks and Oxon) in this morning’s foursomes.England international Ian Crowther and Gary Byrne (Image © Leaderboard Photography) continued their unbeaten run this season with their 5/4 win over Scottish international Malcolm Reid and George Best Wilson.Andrew Westwell and Alan Gillespie claimed the second point with the same scoreline, beating another international, David Niven, and his partner, Tim Whittaker.But in the other game BB&O captain Ashley Brewer paired up with David Cromie to win 3/2 and keep the team in touch.In the play-off for third place, Devon lead Worcestershire 2-1 after the foursomes. Only one match was decided outright, with Devon’s Richard Ward and Paul Vicary eventually winning a see-sawing game 2/1. The other two games were both halved.Click here for full scores. read more